The City of Pella has partnered with VeoRide to provide a dockless bike share program that allows for residents or visitors to rent bikes for short trips around town.
Please see the flyer linked below for information on this new and exciting program. Some program FAQs are as follows:
- In order to rent a bicycle and smartphone and credit/debit card are needed.
- The user must download the VeoRide app – available for both iphone and android – and agree to the user agreement via the app login.
- Users must be 18 years old. Minors at least the age of 13 may use the program but only if the service is subscribed for by and under the responsibility of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- The app provides the means to locate and rent bikes.
- The cost is $.50 for each 15 minutes or daily, monthly or year passes may be purchased via the app. (see flyer for rate information)
- Bikes may only be “parked” in designated geo-fenced areas as indicated on the map in the app. Geo-fenced area are subject to change. Currently geo-fence areas are located in various City of Pella parks and at some City facilities.
- Helmets are strongly suggested for users. If users do not want to purchase helmets they are available for rent locally at Iowa Bike and Fitness.
Many thanks to all of the groups that helped bring this program to the City – City Council, Central College Staff, Central College Sustainability Students, Pella Wellness Consortium, and Iowa Bike & Fitness.