The Pella Police Department has a 14-step wage structure. Wages are subject to change for cost of living increases. Years of service as a certified police officer may alter where the individual starts on the wage structure.
The current Police Officer pay as part of the City of Pella's wage structure:
- $60,320 base pay (non-certified)
- $64,979 base pay (certified/lateral)
- $77,334 is top out pay for an Officer at the Pella Police Department
Senior Police Officers
Current City of Pella Police Officers can apply to be a Senior Officer when a number of standards are met, including:
- Four years of service as a full-time City of Pella Police Officer or three years of service as a full-time City of Pella Police Officer with five years' experience as a full-time law enforcement officer at another agency
- Minimum of 150 hours of documented law enforcement continuing education hours not including academy certification or any agency field training program hours
- $81,224 is top out pay for a Senior Officer at the Pella Police Department.