Die Cut Machine
Pella Public Library is pleased to offer an Ellison Prestige Pro Die Cut Machine to the public. A die cut machine cuts complex shapes out of paper and other materials with a single pull of a lever. No more spending hours with a pair of scissors, rotating and re-rotating paper to trim a shape! To use the die cut machine, simply ask at the front desk. We will unlock the room and give you a brief training on how to use it. Please bring your own paper or other materials to cut, as the library does not provide or sell those items. For advice on what types of materials can be cut with the machine, please call the library at (641) 628-4268 or stop by the desk and ask to see our materials guide.
Dies are the blocks that create individual shapes. Pella Public Library has approximately 70 dies of the following types:
- Capital Letters A to Z (4-inch)
- Punctuation: ( ! ) , ? . (4-inch)
- Numbers 0 to 9 (4-inch)
- Geometric Shapes (Rectangle, Triangle, Square, Large Circle, Small Circle, Oval, Trapezoid, Rhombus)
- Tulip, Fish, Blue Ribbon, Picture Frame, Bookmark, Books, and 'read' logo.
- Calendar-related dies such as Turkey, Christmas Tree, Firecracker, Heart, etc.
- Oversized dies which make a Christmas Present with Ribbon, a Door Hanger, or a 3-D Shopping Basket.
The majority of the dies were purchased with a generous grant from Wal-Mart(R) Thank you!
The die cut machine is available from opening until 30 minutes before library close, Monday through Saturday. The machine is not available on Sundays.