Online Story Time
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Click here to get registered. Search "Story Time - Google Meet" in our online calendar. You only need to sign up once as the link is the same each time.
These will not be recorded or archived due to publisher requirements for the temporary read-aloud permissions. Participants must register to receive a link and password.
All ages are welcome to participate. If you have any questions, please contact Miss Katie in the Children's Department.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Did you know that if you read one (1) story every day for 5 years that would equal 1,825 stories read!
How the program works:
1. Any child from birth to before entering Kindergarten can participate in the program.
2. Register on our new online reading tracker, Beanstack, at https://pella.beanstack.com/reader365
3. After receiving each badge on Beanstack, come to the library to receive a small incentive. Multiple children in a family may do the program. Each child will have an account on Beanstack to keep track of their badges.
4. When you reach 1,000 books your child will receive a certificate. You will also be invited to attend our 1,001 party!
For more information on the program click here!
- Pella Christian AR
- Links to the AR lists for the Pella Christian grade schools
- Pella Community AR
- AR quiz search for the Pella Community School District
- Iowa Reading Research Center
- Provides an online collection of literacy resources available to the public for teaching and learning, for homeschooling, and for educator research
- Homework Help Links
- Various websites to help children with their homework.