Go To Search
Click to Home
No Current Alerts
RSSEmail FriendPrint Page
New construction will require a permit. Exterior home improvement projects such as additions, fences, sheds, or decks will require a permit. Replacement of existing structures may also require a permit, while repairs may not. Interior home improvement projects involving electrical work will also require a permit.

Commercial / Industrial / Institutional 
New construction will require a permit. Exterior improvement projects such as additions, fences, or accessory buildings will require a permit. Interior improvement (remodel) projects will also require a permit.

A minimum of three business days is needed for processing a standard permit. Incomplete permits, permits requiring variances, or permits involving site plans will require extended processing time and/or committee approval. All inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Requests for inspections are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.

More Information
Please check with the Building Official Jerry Byers for permit and inspection requirements. Jerry can be reached at 641.628.0043.

Additional Information 

Residential Building Permits
Commercial / Industrial / Institutional Permits 

Residential or Commercial / Industrial / Institutional Permits 
Agricultural Exemption Form for Two Mile Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
Agricultural building permits are required for agricultural uses in the City limits of Pella.  For the two mile extraterritorial jurisdiction pursuant to State law no permit is needed for agricultural buildings, however, the form below would need to be completed and returned to the Planning and Zoning Office to confirm building permit exemption.